Apple’s MacBook is today the most popular and reliable device used both at home and in large companies. This gadget combines reliability, performance, and multitasking. When there are problems inside the device, you will definitely notice it in the deviations in the work. This article will consider the best ways to check the Mac system and describe how to check the memory on a mac.
Why do you need MacBook diagnostic mode Apple hardware test?
A breakdown of a MacBook is a disaster for many owners, as they purchase Apple devices for work. Quick MacBook diagnostics and repairs in such conditions become incredibly important. But how to recognize the cause of the breakdown and is it possible to make the diagnosis yourself?
A laptop is a very complex technical device. And the failure of any part can lead to sad consequences. Regardless of what model we are talking about: MacBook pro diagnostics, MacBook Air diagnostics, or MacBook 12.
The most common reasons for diagnostics and repair are:
- Unnatural noise from the cooling system;
- Excessive overheating of the case;
- Unstable battery charging and performance;
- Arbitrary shutdowns.
Some of the problems are diagnosed and fixed rather quickly. For example, in the case of noise and excessive heating of the device, the problem is most likely hidden in the cooling system. A professional cleaning will quickly eliminate all symptoms and return the laptop to work.
How to run MacBook diagnostic mode
Each MacBook user can perform self-diagnosis of the computer when a malfunction occurs: all that is needed for this is to run the software diagnostics of the device, or, in other words, AHT. Of course, this option will not replace a full-fledged service diagnostics, but every MacBook owner will be able to clarify the causes of the malfunction or perform diagnostics for prevention purposes.
All modern Mac computers have a built-in utility to diagnose the hardware of your computer. It allows you to check most of the nodes and components, identify malfunctions or a non-working element on the device. There are two fundamentally different versions of the Mac diagnostic utility: Apple hardware test and Apple Diagnostics.
The Macmook Diagnostic Program works as follows:
- it is necessary to disconnect peripheral devices: before starting the test, you should free all available interfaces, since the presence of a peripheral device can cause an error when running the MacBook software diagnostics. But you can leave the external keyboard and mouse and external monitor, if necessary, we recommend limiting yourself to the built-in input devices;
- make sure that the computer is connected to the network (this is due to the fact that Apple Hardware Test on new releases of macOS (starting from OS X 10.7) requires additional files to be loaded from the network or from the installation disc) and is on a level surface. During the MacBook software diagnostics, the cooling coolers will be checked, and if the holes in the cooling system are closed, this may interfere with the diagnostics;
- to perform software diagnostics of the MacBook system, you need to completely turn off the computer, press the power key and hold down the D button at the time of boot. As soon as the welcome window appears on the screen, release the key. From now on, you will have a choice between fast and complete system diagnostics. At the end of the software diagnostics, you will see a summary with the test results and the possible malfunction code.